Journal of Marketing Research Development Workshop (1)
Thanks to the generous support from Faculty of Business, our Department of Management and Marketing has successfully organized the Journal of Marketing Research Development Workshop in New World Millennium Hong Kong Hotel, on 3 - 4 April 2019.
The Workshop has attracted more than 120 researchers, students and business executives from different universities, professional organizations and companies. The event included plenary speakers and small group workshops. The plenary speakers and their topics include:
- Christine Moorman (Duke University, Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Marketing), “Generating Marketing Ideas from the Real World”
- Harald van Heerde (UNSW, Co-editor, Journal of Marketing) and Prof. Jie Zhang (University Maryland) “Generating Ideas from Marketing Data“
- C. Page Moreau (University of Wisconsin, Co-Editor, Journal of Marketing), “Fostering Research Creativity”
- Jacob Goldenberg (IDC-Herzliya), Prof. Oded Netzer (Columbia University) and Prof. Rom Schrift (University of Pennsylvania), “Using Templates to Develop Marketing ideas”
- Kapil Tuli (Singapore Management University), “Developing Theories-in-Use in Marketing”
We are glad that the Workshop has achieved a number of objectives including :
- Facilitating JM’s mission to share knowledge, skills, and experiences to improve the quality and impact of knowledge generated to answer real-world marketing questions;
- Enhancing PolyU’s visibility and reputation in marketing scholarship throughout the world;
- Strengthening our research collaboration with marketing scholars from JM’s editorial team, and throughout Hong Kong and the Great Bay Area; and
- Generating ideas and insights to inform managerial practices in marketing.
We look forward to more opportunities to hosting world-class academic events in the future to further enhance our research visibility and reputation.